Do you have a desire to make a difference?
Renewed Horizons could be the perfect place for you! We are a developmental disabilities agency that promotes dignity, growth, and independence for individuals with disabilities. Join our team of talented, passionate, and dedicated direct support professionals and be a part of the one of the fastest growing developmental disability agencies, in the Kootenai County area. We are looking for talented, highly flexible, positive attitude individuals, who have a passion for making a lasting impact on their community and our amazing clients!
As a Direct Support Professional, you will:
- Complete and maintain paperwork per Renewed Horizon’s policy and procedures.
- Prevention and management of crises to provide a safe environment.
- Actively engage participants while providing supervision and positive reinforcement.
- Assist with daily living responsibilities: cooking, taking medications, keeping a clean-living environment, etc.
- Assist participant with grocery shopping and healthcare appointments.
- Participate in community activities with participant, such as: going to the movies, bowling, Kroc Center classes, hiking, fishing, camping, Special Needs Recreation (SNR), Special Olympics, etc.
- Ensure personal care routines and daily household duties are complete.
- Foster a positive living environment.
- Encourage independent living skills.
- HAVE FUN!
- Development of skills you can take anywhere: effective communication, creative problem solving, and collaboration with diverse teams.
- Paid training and a fun work environment!
- Competitive wages, PTO, sick leave, and holiday pay after 90 days.
- Opportunities for people new to the field and for seasoned staff.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable transportation and valid insurance
- Ability to pass a federal background check
- Ability to work a flexible, non-traditional schedule
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision
Our overnight awake positions are a great opportunity to work on homework, after all job duties are complete!